About the Mixology Tour
New York City isn’t known as “The City That Never Sleeps” for nothing. From dusk until dawn (and not infrequently beyond) the city’s nocturnal ecosystem comes alive with thousands of nightclubs, dives, lounges and cabarets. The staggering range of choices can be daunting to newcomers and city-dwellers alike. No one wants to end up at a half-empty bar on the wrong side of town nursing a watery drink made by a grumpy bartender! So why not let the nightlife experts show you how to maximize your big night out in the city? On Take Me Out’s Mixology Tour, you’ll embark on a high-end, all VIP evening out at some of the city’s hottest venues, and never have to worry about being on the wrong side of that velvet rope.
Take Me Out specializes in tours of New York City’s nightlife and the Mixology Tour caters to those whose interests are more “Sex in the City” than “Barfly.” Donned in your finest “going out clothes” (Take Me Out advises patrons to “think smart, neat, sexy, and trendy,” suggesting “cocktail dresses for ladies and collared shirts for men”), make your way to Union Square to meet your limo, where you’ll be treated to a specialty cocktail made by your very own mixologist tour guide. The tour guide will also accompany the group to the three venues visited along the way, each of which prides itself on its innovative cocktail selections. At each stop you’ll enjoy the VIP treatment, sailing past the line (sorry, suckers!) and into the venue with your cover, well, covered, where a reserved table will be waiting for you. Inside, your guide will be happy to help you choose your drinks or, if you’re a total novice, counsel you on the mores of the New York City scene. Guests spend about one hour enjoying each venue before hopping back into the limo for another scrumptious concoction and tutorial on the way to the next stop. By the third and final venue most guests are having such a blast they choose to stay on past the allotted hour and conclusion of the tour.
Take Me Out was founded in May 2012 by Ori Mor, who found himself repeatedly acting as a nightlife tour guide to visiting friends and family. Mor started the venture with a series of guided walking tours; these proved so popular that the company quickly expanded and evolved to offer its unique brand of city touring featuring VIP transport and the highest quality beverages and service. How do we know Take Me Out has really arrived? Like any good New Yorker, it refuses to divulge the venues featured on its roster, ensuring that the hotspots on its tours stay hot for you.
Approximately three hours
The minimum purchase for this tour is four guests. Included in the price of the tour is entry into three nightlife establishments, transportation by limousine between the establishments, and a total of three courtesy beverages in the limousine (between venues). Note that the price of the tour does NOT include any beverages other than those offered in the limousine and there is a one-drink minimum at all stops (an additional 20% gratuity is also appropriate). Dress is trendy and upscale—no ripped jeans, shorts, baseball caps, tank-tops or workout wear. Participants must bring valid photo identification (driver’s license, state ID card, or passport). A tip of $1 to $2 per drink for the bartender is customary, and a tip of $5 to $10 per person to the driver and tour guide is also customary, but not required. You may not bring your own alcohol on the tour. Any disruptive behavior will result in ejection from the tour. Finally, tours terminate at the last venue visited, and transportation to home/hotel is the responsibility of the tour-goer.
Did you know?
By law, bars in New York City must stop serving alcohol at 4am (though they don’t have to close!); bars can begin serving alcohol at 7am every day except Sunday, when sales legally start at noon.
In New York State a liquor license (required by any establishment that serves alcohol) costs $4,500 and must be renewed every two years.
1. The tour will be approximately three hours with a limousine between the pickup point to the last location.
2. Take Me Out does not provide transportation back to Union Square at the end of the tour.
3. Any late arrival (without notification) past the scheduled starting time will result in the cancellation of your tour without a refund. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time as there are reserved tables at each location and any lateness will affect the entire schedule of the tour.
4. Take Me Out provides complimentary beverages on board the limousine.
5. Guests are responsible for all purchases made in the bars. One cocktail minimum per guest.
6. Tipping your waiters is expected and generally suggested at 20% in NYC. If you enjoyed the tour Take Me Out suggests $5-10 per person for your guide & $5-10 per person for your driver.
7. Guests are not allowed to carry liquor on board the limousine.
8. Guests agree that if anyone in their party is found using any illegal drugs, fighting, or any other conduct, considered inappropriate or unbecoming by the guide or driver, the driver and guide are under strict instructions to remove that guest from the tour.
9. Take Me Out reserves the right to STOP an event without refund if at any time the customer becomes physically or verbally abusive, or is Involved in illegal activities. This includes any activities that result in the arrest or detention of a customer.
10. Please look your best for your night out! Think smart, neat, sexy, and trendy. No shorts, sneakers, flip flops, baggy jeans, baseball caps, hoodies, tank tops, or any other beach or gym wear. Take Me Out suggests cocktail dresses for ladies and collared shirts for men. Take Me Out is not responsible for denied entry to any venue based on inappropriate attire.
11. Please remember to carry a valid form of government or state issued identification.
This tour is perfect for anyone who wants to experience the New York City cocktail scene in true VIP (i.e. stress-free) fashion, and for those wishing to visit some trendy hotspots that are pushing the limits of mixology (and learn a little more about the city doing it). Natives and visitors to the city alike will appreciate the opportunity to enter the city’s nightlife scene like an old pro.
Good for kids?
This tour is not appropriate for children. You must be 21 years or older (and bring along valid identification such as a driver’s license, state ID card, or passport) to participate in this tour, which includes visits to nightlife establishments that serve alcohol.
Union Square Location Information:
33 E 17 St.
New York, NY 10003
L, N,Q,R, 4,5,6 to 14th Street-Union Square