Five Borough Instagram® Meet Contest Official Rules
1. THE CONTEST. 1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This Five Borough Instagram® Meet Contest (the “Contest”) is only open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Hawaii and Alaska) and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older, except employees of NewYork.com Entertainment Group, LLC d/b/a NewYork.com (“NewYork.com”) and Flynyon, Hornblower, Gregory's Coffee, Social Print Studio, and B&H Photography (collectively, the “Sponsors”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliated entities, each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents, and the immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, of each of the foregoing (the “Eligible Participants”). THIS Contest SHALL BE VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. By entering the Contest, entrants: (a) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of NewYork.com, which are final and binding, (b) agree that New York County, New York courts have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Contest, and (c) that venue shall only be proper in New York County, New York.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on September 19, 2015, through 11:59 EST on September 27, 2015 (the “Contest Period”), NewYork.com will conduct this Contest. Eligible Participants may enter this Contest by following the registration and entry procedures set forth in Section 3 below (each an “Entry” or collectively the “Entries”). Entries which fail to meet any of the requirements of the Contest shall be voidable in NewYork.com’s sole and absolute discretion. All entries received other than within the Contest Period will be disqualified without exception, including any delay caused by malfunction of any email transmission or internet facilities or mail delivery delay causing late receipt by NewYork.com. Each Entry must be submitted in the name of an individual person and a prize will be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning Entry.
There is no limit to the number of entries per individual. All Entries received from any individual in excess of the stated limitation shall be voidable at NewYork.com’s sole and absolute discretion. No mechanical reproductions, mailed Entries, facsimiles, mass Entries, Entries generated by a script or macro, or Entries that subvert the entry process will be accepted, and all such Entries will be deemed void. Released Parties (as defined in Section 5 below) are not responsible for misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, stolen, delayed, undelivered, damaged or garbled Entries, and all such Entries will be deemed void. Released Parties are also not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability, accessibility or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or other technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the Prize, or in any Contest-related materials. NewYork.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel this Contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of website(s) or other hardware or software dedicated to this Contest, and no extension or modification to the Contest Period will be provided in any such instance. In the event of cancellation, NewYork.com reserves the right, but shall be under no obligation, to determine the winner(s) from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of such cancellation. False or deceptive Entries, Entries or acts which, or Eligible Participants who, violate the terms of these Official Rules, will render the participant ineligible. NewYork.com reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by tampering with any Contest entry process mechanism, by acting in a disruptive manner, by cheating, by harassing other participants, or by violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any website or the Contest entry process, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, NewYork.com reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees and court costs) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
3. REGISTRATION AND ENTRY PROCEDURES: During the Contest Period, Eligible Participants shall submit a photo for one or more Challenges described below (the “Image Submission”), complete the entry application, which may include but not be limited to first name, last name, physical address, email address and confirmation of age, and upload their Image Submission to Instagram® accompanied by the hashtag and handle specified by NewYork.com (each an “Entry” or collectively the “Entries”). Following the Contest Period, potential winners will be decided based on the Entries submitted.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: NewYork.com will review the Entries and determine whether they conform with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. An Entry for each Challenge will be selected by NewYork.com as the winner (and, if verified, the “Winner(s)”). The determination of NewYork.com will be final and binding on all Eligible Participants in all matters related to this Contest. Each potential winner will be notified by NewYork.com within one week of the end of the Contest Period. The potential winner must reply within 24 hours of date of notification as directed by NewYork.com, confirming they can accept the Prize, or an alternate winner may be selected. NewYork.com will not be obligated to make every attempt by every method to contact the potential winner. Noncompliance, refusal, or return of any Prize notification as undeliverable, by automated means or otherwise, will result in disqualification. The potential winner will be required to fulfill all requirements outlined in Section 5 below. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Upon confirmation of the Winner an official public announcement will be made. Anyone may obtain the name of the Winner by sending a self-addressed envelope with proper postage affixed with a postmark dated between the Contest Period, to NewYork.com Entertainment Group, LLC, 19495 Biscayne Blvd., Ste. 300, Aventura, FL 33180, Attn: Five Borough Instagram® Meet Contest
5. PRIZE: One Winner for each of the following six Challenges will receive the associated prize (each a “Prize”), with an approximate retail value ("ARV") also described below. • Grand Prize Challenge: One passenger seat in Flynyon photo flight and $500 VISA gift card ($799 ARV) • Challenge 1: B&H $100 gift card ($100.00 ARV) • Challenge 2: Gift code to Social Print Studio ($150 ARV) • Challenge 3: Gregory's Coffee $100 gift card ($100 ARV) • Challenge 4: NewYork.com $100 gift card ($100 ARV) • Challenge 5: Hornblower Cruise to provide complimentary cruise for 4 people ($280 ARV) AIRFARE OR OTHER TRANSPORTATION WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE, AND MUST BE ARRANGED AT WINNER’S SOLE COST AND EXPENSE. No substitutions, transfer of prizes or cash redemptions are permitted by Winner. Any attempt to transfer or refund the Prize, in whole or in part, for cash or otherwise, will deem the Prize void and forfeited. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. NewYork.com reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses associated with the Prize acceptance, and any other expenses relating to the Prize, including ground transportation and meals. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE REPORTING AND PAYMENT OF ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES INCURRED BY ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF THE PRIZE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF), IF APPLICABLE. THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY NEWYORK.COM. All other Prize details are at NewYork.com’s discretion. The Winner may be asked to share details of their trip through the NewYork.com social media, however, winning is not contingent on sharing any details of the experience.
6. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address during the Contest Period: NewYork.com Entertainment Group, LLC, 19495 Biscayne Blvd., Ste. 300, Aventura, FL 33180, Attn: NewYork.com’s Ultimate Broadway Fan Showdown. Requests received after the Contest Period will not be honored. Vermont residents may omit return postage on Official Rules requests.
7. DISCLAIMER: TThis promotional Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram®.